Reeves Community Center
Fitness makes one grow bigger and stronger, without fitness one just grows BIGGER.
Reeves Community Center is Surry County’s largest recreation center. We welcome ALL boys and girls, ages 12 months and older, and ALL adults. RCC is a non-profit organization, serving the Surry County area since 1951, and offering a wide variety of recreational activities for the entire family.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
5:30 am – 9:00 pm
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Reeves Community Center is located on the corner of Pine and Renfro Streets in Mount Airy, North Carolina. It is a two level structure, with a variety of recreational facilities including an outdoor pool and an indoor pool. Entrances to the building are on the upper level on the Renfro Street side, and through a lower level entrance from the parking lot on Pine Street. Parking lots are accessed from both Renfro and Pine. Contact us here.
If you’ve noticed around the back, we have begun construction behind our main building. We are in the initial phase of construction of an equipment storage facility to make room for additional exercise rooms inside the main building. The first stage is completed – clearing out the brush and trees from the construction site, and prepping the area for the foundation to be poured. We expect construction to be completed before next summer. By then we will have extra room for child care and kids summer programs. So be careful to avoid walking around the back of the building as there may be nails, boards or other hazards while construction is under way. Thanks, and pardon our mess!
Purpose of RCC
The purpose of Reeves Community Center is to offer high quality, life-long recreation for the people of our area.
We will achieve our purpose by:
- Providing attractive and appropriate facilities, primarily for recreation.
- Maintaining a wholesome atmosphere.
- Having a well-organized and professional staff.
- Offering only programs that we do well.
- Having clear and reasonable policies on memberships and fees.
- Developing effective ways of evaluating our programs and staff, making adjustments as needed, and making appropriate reports to the public.
- Designing and promoting programs that will give each participant the opportunity to start where he/she is and progress toward his/her recreational and wellness objectives.
- Operating under sound accounting principles and living within our budget.
We strive to provide our members and site visitors with useful helpful information about fitness, nutrition and Mt Airy. Visit our blog for the latest scoop on what’s going on at RCC.